Saturday, 19 July 2008

Operating Systems and my laptop

Firstly, my laptop was officially down since yesterday. Just because of one of my classmates who threatened me to do a e-recovery of my whole laptop. So I started to reformat my laptop. It is a long story. Think I will go and self-cert at my school for the SP Image. At least, I can use Windows XP Professional for free.

Secondly, I had just posted this morning about my problem to Acer Singapore though their website. Still don't know what will be their advice. But one thing to say was that ACER SUCKS !! The Recovery DVD was supposed to help recover our laptops, but its giving me several more problems as expected.

Thirdly, Windows Vista sucks to the core. I would rate it as the most unfriendly and "make the user look like an idiot" OS. Initially, I was able to surf the internet, but after updating the Windows Vista's patches, my laptop is just able to connect to the router, but not to the internet. I had tried several ways to troubleshoot, but it just couldn't connect to the internet.

Overall view was that I think Windows XP rocks and Windows Vista is simply useless. Waiting for Windows 7 to be out. From now onwards, I would definitely boycott Acer for my whole life. At least my Asus EeePC is still useful after all.

No comments: