Sunday, 24 August 2008

A Review Of N95 8GB Edition (By MicroBoI)


Key features
- 2.8" 16M color QVGA display.
- 5 megapixel camera with auto focus and Carl Zeiss optics.
- Massive storage capacity and increased RAM.
- Wi-Fi with UPnP technology.
- Built-in GPS receiver and A-GPS functionality.
- Nokia maps application covering over 100 countries worldwide.
- Dual-slide design with dedicated multimedia keys.
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack.
- 3G (with HSDPA), EDGE and GPRS support.
- Symbian OS 9.2 Series 60 3rd edition Feature Pack 1 user interface.
- TV-out functionality.
- 1200 mAh battery.

Main disadvantages
- No camera lens protector.
- No RDS system for the FM radio.
- Below average GPS performance, no 3rd party apps support.
- Extra charges for voice assisted navigation.
- Cannot edit office documents.
- No card slot.
- Doesn't charge when connected to USB.

My Experiences
After using my N95 8GB for nearly seven months, I had started to develop feelings with it. In my first five months of usage, i really utilised it a lot ! It helps me in my work, as in snapping shots of certain places for corporate planning. I even used it in a official corporate retreat to video the whole process for important discussion sections. I was amazed with the quality as i often compared with the company's digital camera. My phone performs way more powerful than the digital camera. :-) The 3.5mm Earphone jack was cool as it allow me to plug my favourite branded earpiece to listen to my favourite songs. No more sticking to Nokia's own earpiece. :-) Its big screen of 2.8" was great for viewing pictures and videos ! Battery life wise was also very cool, as I played with it alot and as a multi functional phone, it could lasts for two full days with a single charge. Tried the TV-out functionality, however I don't really see the need of using it. Played with the GPS during the trial period, it was somewhat not very user-friendly, but I doubt I would use the GPS function anyway. The only disadvantage that i dislike of the phone was that there was no protection for the camera lens. Being a high-end phone with good lens, I think they should include a cover just like the original N95. But overall, N95 8GB really serves me very well and till now, no other smartphones can be comparable with N95 8GB !

No comments: