Thursday, 9 April 2009

Value of my Mobile Phone

Prices of technology products are always dropping. I just gave a real example. I bought my 128MB Sandisk Flash Drive for S$48 in the year 2004. But 5 years later, on the recent IT show, a 8GB Sandisk Flash Drive costs only S$26 !!

Under the category of the three Mobile Service Providers, my mobile phone, Nokia N95 8GB falls under Category A which is valued at S$400. I bought and recontract my mobile phone last year at S$698. Just recently, my contract had ended and I wanted to recontract and get a new phone. I decided to trade in, so i went to a Starhub shop and ask them whether I could trade in at S$400? After checking, they quote me S$270 for it. At that time, I was quite pissed off, i said how come so low, as my phone is in good working order. Then he said, market price now is S$340 for a new N95 8GB trade in, furthermore, my casing is quite bad, so reduce S$70 to S$270. Thats simply crazy, so i don't want to trade in my phone anymore. I rather use till it spolit. =(

No comments: